The moment people found out they can bypass geo-restrictions with the help of a VPN, this technology has become in high demand. Some people unlock Netflix and watch it from other countries. Some prefer other streaming apps. There are dozens of VPN providers on the market but far from all offer their services for Kodi devices. Let’s find out why it happens and which companies offer decent services.
A VPN must meet certain requirements to work on Kodi
There are 3 basic conditions:
- Since it is well-known that using a VPN slows down the Internet speed, the provider must keep the speed high. Otherwise, it’ll be impossible to stream content. It’ll only keep buffering and irritating you.
- In order to support Kodi, a provider must work with Smart TV’s Android system. While most providers offer the support of mobile Android, some of them fail to do it for Kodi.
- The installation process can be quite complicated and time-consuming. A provider must have a step-by-step instruction on how to set up the service. Don’t think it’s as easy as on your smartphone where you only press download and then run the app. It’s much harder to launch a VPN app on Google Nexus Player or Raspberry PI.
Yet, some big VPN providers manage to keep up and deliver excellent services to their users. Let’s find out more about the top 2 options.
Your best possible options
One of the most reliable choices will be ExpressVPN. This is the most popular provider for all kinds of devices and gadgets. It runs on all operating systems and works on Kodi, too. One of the reason is its support of the P2P protocol. You can install it on all devices in the household and benefit from other possibilities like torrenting. When you set up the software, you’ll see that the provider offers various protocols but you should pick P2P in order to stream content on Kodi. The rest of the advantages that come with this software include:
- Over 3000 servers worldwide, which you can access as soon as you upgrade to premium. A free version has fewer options.
- The spread-out of the servers covers 140 various locations.
- It supports various operating systems like Mac OS, Windows, Android, iOS, etc. You can install the program on up to 10 devices using only 1 account.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to run it on Kodi comes with a bundle.
- Very beautiful and simple interface.
ExpressVPN has become the leader on the market not only because it can work on all sorts of devices but also because it has a strict no-log policy that protects users’ anonymity and online security.
Another option you can try is NordVPN. This is also a giant in this industry which can easily run on Kodi, unlock Netflix, and protect users’ data. The peculiarity of this software is that you can install it on Kodi with one click. There is no complicated system or anything. Some other reasons why it has become one of the top choices include:
- Thousands of servers in 60+ countries.
- The support of the P2P protocol that also allows torrenting.
- Using NordVPN, the Kodi add-ons will keep working.
- Excellent speeds are preserved.
- It’s very affordable and can be used on several devices simultaneously.
- The premium version also has such features as CyberSec, Ad Blocker, etc.
Regardless of the option you pick, you are sure to have a great experience.